This German firm manufactured a range of different products: firearms, bicycles, cars, mopeds, and motorcycles. Its story begins in 1854, when brothers Loeb and Moses Simson bought a third of the shares of a steel company in Suhl, Germany. The production of carbon steel and the founding of Simson & Co took place in 1856. The company began producing cannon barrels and shells for them. In 1871 they built their first steam engine, and in 1896 they began to manufacture bicycles. Car production started in 1907.
Meaning and History
The company logo consists of a white circle with a black rim, inside which there is a stylized letter “S”, symbolizing the name of the company. On both sides of the circle are “wings”, each of which consists of three horizontal lines. The company name is placed under the logo in black capital letters.
Emblem and Symbol
The “winged” form of the emblem is quite popular and is used by many successful companies. However, the company’s emblem is memorable, legible, and easily recognizable.